Written By: Clarissa Wall
Today I’m going to show you how to make a great looking and super simple necklace. With Mother’s Day coming up, this necklace would also make a great gift! You can customize it by using all sorts of different beads, changing the chain colour, or opting for straight bars instead of curved! Follow these easy steps below and you’ll have a great looking piece in about 30 minutes.
- Needle-nosed or jewelry pliers of some sort (I got mine at Walmart)
- 2 small jump rings
- 2 slightly larger jump rings
- Chain (gauge is up to you)
- Lobster clasp (I bought a pack with these and the different sizes of jump rings at Michaels)
- 2 eye pins (the length will determine how many beads you can use)
- Beads of your choice – this is where you can have a lot of fun!
- Prepare your work space! I like to put down paper towel when working with beads so I can see them better and they don’t roll around so much.
- Thread beads onto eye pin. The second pin will need to be cut a bit to be shorter than the bottom one.
- Curl the open end of the eye pin. I just did this by wrapping it around my pliers and then clipping it. You’ll also want to bend the pin into a curve if you want the curved look (the necklace would work as straight bars too though!).
- Repeat these steps for the second eye pin. Once you’re done those, you should have something like this:
- Prepare your chain. I measured out two equal length pieces and opened the links to detach it from the rest of the chain. Then, take your two small jump rings and attach them to the pieces of chain. Add the lobster clasp onto one of the jump rings, and viola, your chain part is complete!
- Attach the eye pins to the necklace. Open one of the larger jump rings, and thread it through one end of the pins.
- Then, thread through the chain and close the jump ring.
- Repeat on the other side and you’re finished!